5.27.2010

book quotes V

[Slaughterhouse V:

if the accident will.

all time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself warnings or explanations. It simply is.

so it goes.

all moments past, present, and future, always have existed, always will exist.

That's one thing Earthlings might learn to do, if they tried hard enough: ignore the awful times, and concentrate on the good ones.]


[Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass:

at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

why is a raven like a writing desk.

every thing's got a moral, if only you can find it.

the different branches of Arithmetic- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.

it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

at the thought of her lonliness, two large tears came rolling down her cheeks.

contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isnt, it aint. Thats logic.

so young a child, ought to know which way shes going, even if she doesn’t know her own name.

what does it matter where my body happens to be?...my mind goes on working all the same.

life, what is it but a dream?]

No comments:

Post a Comment